Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Love Is A Many Splendored Thing

Guy is getting fired. Now when it's time for a man to lose his job, that's a serious thing. Calls for reflection. You look at what this guy said, it's actually accurate. There are a lot of people around these days that make inaccurate statements and they don't lose their jobs. So it may not be fair, even on this level.

I know it's a minefield and even a quagmire, but he said "I love Hitler." Now you may not know this but I am half Jewish. And when I hear some guy say "I love Hitler," I just say, "whatever." I can't stop them from saying they love Hitler. And the fact is, they are allowed to say it. Plus, if Hitler won, yes, they would have all been gassed and dead. I've heard people say things, off the charts stupid, and they don't get fired. This guy, it's an accurate statement. If Hitler won they would have been gassed.

If the guy really acted up in my face that's a different story. I'm wondering why no one smacked this guy in the head? What happened? The actress, this Portman girl, she should've smacked him? If she wasn't there, doesn't she have the wherewithal to track down Galliano and smack him? I'll meet her and we'll go smack him together. She seems nice. And despite the abundant cell phone taping of the incident, WILL WE, THE PUBLIC, EVER REALLY KNOW? Come on.

They say love is a many splendored thing. I just hope we can all get there someday. But in the meantime some of these people are assholes, no?
Christian Dior has started proceedings to fire designer John Galliano after he was filmed making anti-Semitic comments in a Paris restaurant, the fashion giant said Tuesday.

The company condemned his "deeply offensive statements and conduct" in a statement announcing the plan to fire him.

The statement came hours after Oscar-winning actress Natalie Portman condemned Galliano's praise of Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler.

"I love Hitler," Galliano said in a video obtained by Britain's Sun newspaper. "Your mother, your forefathers would be f---ing gassed and f---ing dead."

The comments were reportedly made at a Paris cafe last year.

Galliano's lawyer, Stephane Zerbib, said Tuesday that Galliano formally denies that he is anti-Semitic. Zerbib declined to comment further.

"I am deeply shocked and disgusted by the video of John Galliano's comments that surfaced today," said Portman, who appears in ads for Miss Dior Cherie perfume. "In light of this video, and as an individual who is proud to be Jewish, I will not be associated with Mr. Galliano in any way.

"I hope at the very least, these terrible comments remind us to reflect and act upon combating these still-existing prejudices that are the opposite of all that is beautiful," she said.

Before the video surfaced on Monday, Christian Dior already had suspended Galliano for allegedly making anti-Semitic remarks in another incident.

[CNN]

No comments:

Post a Comment