Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Heart of Gold

Now let me take a time out from kidding around to say...man, this bummed me out. I'm reading it and thinking that it says "$1 million worth of damages" but then it says he had "guitars, vintage cars, paintings, and other valuables in the space." So maybe the California firefighters just rocked out and got there in time. If even one of those guitars burned up isn't that worth a million?! I mean, come on! Song is called "Heart of GOLD" so I have a feeling he knows what money is.

I mean...Neil Young. Think about it. Sure the guy is from Canadia, but still, shit, he did encapsulate the American experience, no? Tell me what you think? No, not really, but listen, Neil is really amazing and this bummed me out, and I hope he will send some memorabilia as I do this blog, as a kind of tribute to me. I'll keep you posted and let you know if he sends it.

The San Carlos warehouse Neil Young uses to store memorabilia from more than 40 year career in music went up in flames this morning.

The fire caused an estimated $1 million in damages, according to firefighters. It's unclear yet what was damaged, but Young keeps guitars, paintings, and other valuables in the space.
[SF weekly]

No comments:

Post a Comment