Monday, November 8, 2010

Earth, Disgusted with People, Expresses its Disgust

On the one hand, this is obviously Planet Earth saying, "I hate you all." But I dug through a few things, given the dates below and I think I may have figured something else out.

In 1930, the Philadelphia Athletics beat the St. Louis Cardinals in the World Series. So my first thought was that Planet Earth really hates Philadelphia. But then when you go to 1994...what really made me think I was onto something...in 1994 there was no World Series. And now this year, the Giants beat the Rangers.

So what is really going on is...Planet Earth is a St. Louis Cardinals fan. If we want to avoid further eruptions, we just have to let the Cardinals win every year and then the Indonesians would be safe.

My question is, will American baseball fans and the MLB establishment go these far to protect and save...Indonesians? I find that hard to believe.
Indonesia's most volatile volcano - one of 22 that have been increasingly active - spewed searing clouds of gas and debris for hours Monday in its most powerful eruption in a deadly week. No new casualties were immediately reported.

Mount Merapi, one of 129 active volcanoes in Indonesia, has killed 38 since it started a week ago. It has erupted many times in the last two centuries, often with deadly results. In 1994, 60 people were killed, while in 1930, more than a dozen villages were incinerated, leaving up to 1,300 dead.

1 comment:

  1. That's some pretty impressive research, Ensign. The Cardinals have failed to win the World Series about 96 times, so Indonesia must be due for another 93 or so deadly volcanic eruptions any minute now. The Captain predicts the entire nation will be incinerated by Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete