Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's All Over Now, Baby Blue

Sorry mates, I was lost at sea and could not post. I was walking along by the East River minding my own business, and there was a long line of people waiting to get into a job fair at the South Street Seaport, and suddenly the line got startled and backed up right into me and I was pitched into the briny deep!

It took me three days on a diet of soup and nuts but I was finally rescued by a garbage scow and I was lucky to get that smelly ride my buckos.

This, if I don't mind saying so myself, is a stupendous link. How may working people got a 12% raise last year? I mean COME ON! This is totally nuts. They are preaching to us about how things are bad but at the top, limos and and coke and hookers galore. But hey, maybe these guys are really worth it. I certainly have not risen to that level and I have only myself to blame. I should be on top but I'm not.

Plus, if you follow the link and these yahoo! things on yahoo! finance, one of the guys who is talking here on the video is Henry Blodget. Henry Blodget is a guy who told people stocks were great, and then joked around with his pals in emails (good government evidence) that they were headed for a fall. Henry is BANNED from the securities business, and here he is, talking about it on yahoo! like a righteous and respectable guy. You know who's a respectable guy? Me! Heney Blodget is a fucking snake, and this is good free advice. Disgrazia.

I don't want you to think this rant is sour grapes cause it's not. Alright it is sour grapes, but it's justified. Alright, it's not justified but something is still out of whack here, you know what I mean? Man.
Life is good at the top of corporate America. CEO pay rose 12% last year, bringing the average compensation to $9.6 million in 2010, based on a report and study done by NY Times. That's definitely a lot of money at a time when middle class wages haven't increased for a generation and unemployment remains near 9%.

The highest paid CEO in the U.S. last year was Viacom's Phillipe Dauman who raked in $84.5 million, thanks to one-time stock awards. Ray Irani of Occidental Petroleum follows on the list with $76.1 million, a 142% pay increase over 2009. Oracle's Larry Ellison, who was displaced at the top of the list this year, took a pay cut but still brought home $70.1 million. (He also remains the third-richest American, with a net worth of $39.5 billion, according to the Forbes annual list of billionaires.)

Other notables on the list include:
John Lundgren, Stanley Black & Decker, $32.6 million.
Brian Roberts, Comcast, $28.2 million
Robert Iger, Walt Disney, $28 million
Alan Mulally, Ford Motor, $26.5 million
Samuel Palmisano, IBM, $25.2 million

[yahoo! finance]

No comments:

Post a Comment