Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bristol Palin Well Paid To Tell Others Not To Do What She's Already Done

This is interesting to me, because my kids LOVE it when they can catch me in hypocrisy. I tell them not to smoke, and then they see me smoke, and the next thing I know my 8 year old daughter is puffing on a cigar.

"Why can't I smoke? YOU smoke dad!"

I tell them not to drink. They see me passed out and next thing I know they are drinking.

"Why can't I drink? YOU drink dad!"

So what the hell is so effective about seeing this Bristol Palin kid telling teens not have sex?

"I had sex and I'm telling you it was GREAT! But you guys should not even try it."

Does this make sense? She makes more money than I make in six years saying things that every kid knows is bullshit from the word go. How many teenage girls have rich and famous parents and get paid six figures for dancing on TV and telling people not to have sex after banging her boyfriend silly? Is this USEFUL advice for a typical teen? How many kids are going to be able to cash out six figures on this kind of thing? Will this kid EVER have a REAL job? If they are looking for someone to "courageously" pick up a check like this they should call me. I'm as courageous as they come.

As for this survey of 1,000 teens, even if the Palin spots were "more powerful and attention getting," does that mean the kids were not going to have sex? Come on. If these 1,000 teens were anything like my kids, they tell you exactly what they think you want to hear and then go out and drink, smoke and have sex, sometimes all at the same time.

Then when they get home, you say "WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?"

And they say "out."

Bristol Palin was paid more than $260,500 advocating against teen pregnancy in 2009, tax documents released on Tuesday show.

Palin, the 20-year-old daughter of former Alaska governor and 2008 vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, earned $262,500 for her work advocating that teens abstain from sex, according to information posted on the Internet by GuideStar, which monitors the finances of nonprofit groups.

The Candie's Foundation, a nonprofit organization that seeks to raise awareness of teen pregnancy and parenting issues, reported Bristol Palin's earnings to the Internal Revenue Service.

"We know that Ms. Palin's work has had a positive effect on creating awareness about teen pregnancy," Ali Tyrangel, a spokeswoman for the foundation, said in a statement.

Tyrangel said an independent survey of 1,000 teens comparing Bristol Palin public-service announcements with those of another organization using non-famous teens found that the Palin spots were much more powerful and attention-getting.

"Bristol Palin has been a courageous and powerful partner to the Foundation as we attempt to discourage teen pregnancy," she said.

Representatives for Candie's and Bristol Palin could not immediately be reached for comment.

Bristol Palin, then 18, was pregnant during the 2008 presidential campaign and her son was born in the month after the election. She and the boy's father, Levi Johnston, had a much-publicized breakup.

[Reuters]

No comments:

Post a Comment