Tuesday, December 14, 2010

'Tis the Season to Lie and Scheme

It takes a special kind of father to use lies and deceit in order to get a few more toys for his precious daughter.

A CALLOUS dad faked a burglary at his home and claimed thieves had stolen his daughter’s Christmas presents in a shameful bid to get more gifts.

[...]

[Tim] Wood, 21, told police that thieves had ransacked his home in Seventh Street, Blackhall Colliery, and taken £500 worth of presents from under the tree, before throwing it to the floor and also taking his TV, microwave and electric fire.

[...]

Wood said: “I’m so sorry. I’m ashamed of what I’ve done.

“I did it because I thought people might donate Christmas presents and I would get some more for Abbey.

“The longer it went on, the more guilty I felt, especially using Abbey like that, and I wouldn’t want my little girl to be ashamed of me so I went to the police.

“I’m just so sorry.”

[Sunderland Echo]

2 comments:

  1. Good plan. Guy just couldn't follow through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ensign,

    If only more people would stay true to their convictions and take their commitments seriously, the world would be a much better place. Virtues like courage and steadfast resolve are a thing of the past, and it's the children who suffer as a result.

    ReplyDelete