Friday, January 13, 2012

To The Victor Goes The Spoils

I can't condone this at all, so don't take it the wrong way. Desecrating a corpse is bad. But this is interesting to me, because if you're going to KILL someone, where does it lie on the scale of injustice to PISS on them afterwards? It's definitely adding insult to injury, but if you're going to kill someone I don't know exactly how much relevance the act of pissing has.

I would say I would rather be PISSED ON than KILLED, so that's one thing for sure right there. If you pissed on me first and THEN killed me I think that would be worse than killing me and then pissing on me. Getting pissed on first would really be the worst of both worlds.

I wonder if this will be considered if it gets to court? If it does I would like to read the transcript and see what they come up with. Maybe they will just go with condemning and not dissecting it, but I would say you have to consider these questions if you are going to arrive at real justice on a philosophical level here.
The Marine Corps took a first, formal step on Friday toward possible charges against four troops who, in a video widely circulated on television and the Internet, appear to be urinating on the bodies of dead Taliban fighters.

The Corps named a lead investigating officer whose job would include deciding what charges, if any, would be brought against the four men - all of whom have been identified, a Corps official told Reuters, speaking on condition of anonymity.

None of the suspects have been detained, the official said. At least two are still part of the same unit involved in the video - the 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, based out of Camp Lejeune in North Carolina, a second official told Reuters.<

[Reuters]

No comments:

Post a Comment