Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Stupid Is As Stupid Does

I've had friends tell me they were going to go bungee jumping and I always ask them why? Life isn't filled with enough hazards? I remember being a kid and doing stupid things with my friends and my dad would say "if your friends told you to jump off a building would you do it?" And I would say "no of course not." I guess I should have answered, "if I had a bungee cord wrapped around my ankles, of course I would jump off a building if they told me to. What fun!"

This has to be the fifth time I've read something like this. I'm announcing the first Daily Downers contest here...what is dumber than bungee jumping? And don't say skydiving. That's too easy. Personally other than skydiving I am stuck for an answer.
An Australian tourist bungee jumping in Africa plunged 365 feet (111 meters) into a river when her cord snapped, but she managed to swim to safety with a broken collarbone and her legs tied together.

"I felt like I'd been slapped all over," the 22-year-old from Perth said.

Video taken of the jump shows the cord snapping and Langworthy smacking into the river before the current pulled her into rapids.

"You get sucked under and then you pop up so it's very disorienting — I didn't know which was up or down," she said.

She said the trailing cord repeatedly snagged, so she "had to swim down and yank the bungee cord out of whatever it was caught on to make it to the surface."

Langworthy swam through the rapids to reach the Zimbabwe bank.

[Assoicated Press]

No comments:

Post a Comment