Saturday, November 12, 2011

God Told Cain To Run, But Why?

I wonder if this is true? If it is, we really should vote for Cain. Whenever I hear people say they are talking to God I always think NUTJOB, but maybe I'm too cynical.

I'm wondering, even if God told him to run, does that mean God wants him to win? What if God wanted him to run so it would come out that he harassed all of those women? God may not want him to be President, God may have wanted to expose him as a lousy person. And this was one sure way to do it?

They say the Lord works in mysterious ways and maybe this is what they mean! "God told me to run for President and now every kooky broad I ever made a pass at is coming out of the woodwork!"

A year from now Cain will wish that God had left him the hell alone.
Republican Herman Cain said God convinced him to enter the race for president, comparing himself to Moses: "'You've got the wrong man, Lord. Are you sure?'"

The Georgia business executive played up his faith Saturday after battling sexual harassment allegations for two weeks, trying to shift the conversation to religion, an issue vital to conservative Republicans, especially in the South.

In a speech Saturday to a national meeting of young Republicans, Cain said the Lord persuaded him after much prayer.

"That's when I prayed and prayed and prayed. I'm a man of faith — I had to do a lot of praying for this one, more praying than I've ever done before in my life," Cain said. "And when I finally realized that it was God saying that this is what I needed to do, I was like Moses. 'You've got the wrong man, Lord. Are you sure?'"

Once he made the decision, Cain said, he did not look back.

Four women have now accused Cain of sexually harassing them when he led the National Restaurant Association more than a decade ago. Cain, who has denied wrongdoing, was silent about the allegations and did not take reporters' questions.

[Associated Press]

No comments:

Post a Comment