Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Head of the Police

This really ought to be a cap-ital offense.

Czech cops who used a suspected murder victim's skull as an ornament are being sued by the dead man's relatives.

[...]

Relative Ruzena Breznanova, 59, said: "When I turned up to collect the remains I saw the skull sitting on a shelf next to a beer mug with a police cap on it.

"It was shocking. The chief of homicide led me into his office, took a cap off this skull and handed it to me saying here's your brother-in-law. I was really appalled."

When the woman's complaint ended up in local newspapers readers pointed out that the snaps had even been posted on a social media site.

Police spokesman Radek Sandorova said: "We are carrying out a full investigation and if it turns out to be true then we will take disciplinary action against the officer concerned.

[Orange News]

No comments:

Post a Comment