Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Great Idea Continues To Advance

On June 29 I wrote about the prospect of banning children from airplanes. Now the idea is picking up steam and this guy is banning them from his restaurant. This is a great idea. Some kids can handle being in a restaurant and some kids can't. MOST of them can't. I know my kids have turned my restaurant experiences into nightmares.
How many times have you been in a restaurant and these damn kids will be carrying on and the parents won't DO anything. One time some kids were carrying on at a table next to me and I looked over and the dad said "what's the matter you don't like kids?" And I said "it's really YOUR kids I don't like." And then we had a fistfight and I got arrested, but that's another story for another time.

Reality is, your kids should eat at home until they are 15 or 16, and then they should go out by themselves. My suggestion here is the same as it was with the airlines. There should be baby-only flights, and there should be baby-only restaurants. Let them all sit there and cry to their hearts content. Maybe they will get the message and SHUT UP. I don't care how cute they are.

At McDain's Restaurant, in Monroeville, Pennsylvania, kids don't eat free. And starting next week, they don't get to eat at all. Mike Vuick, owner of the Pittsburgh area eatery has just announced a ban on children under 6 at his casual dining establishment.

After receiving noise complaints from customers about crying kids at neighboring tables, Vuick decided to institute the policy, which will go into effect July 16.

In an email to customers, Vuick explained: "We feel that McDain's is not a place for young children. Their volume can't be controlled and many, many times, they have disturbed other customers."

[Shine from Yahoo!]

No comments:

Post a Comment