Saturday, September 3, 2011

You Have Nothing To Fear But Fear Itself

I am constantly bombarded with this crap about my credit score. I see it on TV, I get it in the mail, and I'm nailed in my email as well. I thought to myself, "if it's free how do they make money?" I wonder about a lot of eCommerce, but how is it possible that so many businesses have sprung up to do this nonsense? The answer is below. They hope you will join and forget it, and maybe you're the kind of person that doesn't check your credit card bill line by line, and before you know it they have charged you $14.95 a month for a year for doing nothing. It's actually a brilliant business model.

People worry about this shit. They are afraid of a bad credit score. Fear sells. I'm afraid of being old, bald, fat, and broke, with a bad credit score to boot. Starts when you're a kid. You're supposed to worry about your "permanent record." "That goes on your permanent record!" They make you think this will follow you around for your whole life. You go for an interview and they pull out your fourth grade report card. They instill it early. And then you spend your whole life afraid and buying shit to keep The Combine going.

For years before I went to sea I pushed papers from one end of a desk to the other. One day I was thinking. At the end of the day, if you ask a farmer what he does, he can show you a potato. A carpenter can point to a cabinet. So I went to sea, thinking I'd be more useful, more of a real man, contributing something to the world beyond a weekly report that no one would read.

The moral of this story - this is why my life is a mess. Instead of mooning over fucking farmers I should have been grabbing cash and stock like a thief with both hands. My main "contribution" is to liquor companies and bars, as well as the track. Good thing I picked some twisted moral bullshit over getting my end and screwing everyone else, or scamming people out of $14.95 a month while driving around in a limo with coke and whores. So there's your freakin' daily downer. I hate everything now. Grrrrr.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

When you order your free credit score here, you will begin your 7-day trial membership in freecreditscore.com. If you don't cancel your membership within the 7-day trial period*, you will be billed $14.95 for each month that you continue your membership. You may cancel your trial membership anytime within the trial period without charge.

[www.freecreditscore.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment