Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Am Nostradamus - Guilty, But Not Really

Look at this. I already know how this turns out. They will be guilty, without admitting any criminal wrongdoing, and they will pay a fine.

If I'm driving down the road and I get in trouble, I will not be able to say there was "no criminal wrongdoing." These guys are handling BILLIONS of dollars and even when they are caught they don't do squat, even when they have to pay fines.

What does "wrongdoing" mean anymore anyway? As I read this it sounds like crossing against the light. How can you get charged with this and there's a question about "wrongdoing?" What does this mean? If I'm not wrongdoing then leave my doing alone, right? What is going on here?

If you robbed a liquor store and stole $50 you would be facing more time than these swindling bastards.

A national disgrace. I am writing this with one of my kids nearby and she agrees with me entirely, and now I have to get snacks for the other 14 (15?). Thank you.
Two people who once worked for billionaire trader Steven A. Cohen's SAC Capital Advisers were charged with insider trading, drawing the $12 billion hedge fund firm further into a high-profile investigation.

Prosecutors allege that the two former employees, who were among four people charged with insider trading on Tuesday, received confidential corporate information while working at SAC. The firm itself has not been charged with any wrongdoing.

The government has been probing current and former SAC employees since announcing a huge insider trading case involving hedge fund Galleon Group's founder Raj Rajaratnam in October 2009, sources have told Reuters.

[Reuters]

No comments:

Post a Comment